MDRT members should be ever mindful that complete compliance with and observance of the MDRT Code of Ethics shall serve to promote the highest quality standards of membership. These standards will be beneficial to the public and to the insurance and financial services profession. Therefore, members shall:
- Always place the best interests of their clients above their own direct or indirect
- Maintain the highest standards of professional competence and give the best possible advice to
clients by seeking to maintain and improve professional knowledge, skills and competence.
- Hold in strictest confidence, and consider as privileged, all business and personal information
pertaining to their clients’ affairs.
- Make full and adequate disclosure of all facts necessary to enable clients to make informed
- Maintain personal conduct that will reflect favorably on the insurance and financial services
profession and MDRT.
- Determine that any replacement of an insurance or financial product must be beneficial for the
- Abide by and conform to all provisions of the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which
they do business.